Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Living In the City Ain't Where It's At



Better get back to the woods.

I was going to do a review of Animal Crossing: City Folk, but I won’t be getting it. I simply don’t have the money to buy a $50 dollar game I’ve already played before. Though I loved the first two Animal Crossings, City Folk just does not seem to do enough different to warrant a purchase.

Nintendo is obviously aiming this game at their new audience of non-gamers, the crowd that probably has never played Animal Crossing before. Those people will eat up City Folk, I’m sure, but what about the core gamers? What do we get for the holiday season this year? Wii Music?

In a perfect world, I’d have extra cash laying around, and I’d probably pick up City Folk and enjoy it for a few hours before growing tired of the same old thing. But alas, I’m not rolling like that.



I love Nintendo, but I’m disappointed with them. It seems as if they simply did not put much effort in this game, knowing they’ll make millions off it anyway. Fans have spent years thinking up endless lists of things to add to Animal Crossing, but Nintendo took the easy way out. I sincerely hope they do not continue this trend. A change is gonna do them good.